I’ve been doing MVVM & XAML development for awhile now, and over time I’ve identified a couple of pain points – things that bug me, pet peeves, code smells – that are prevalent with MVVM development.
So I thought i’d start writing a series on MVVM pain points – describe the problems, and hopefully come up with some solutions.
I don’t claim to be an authority on MVVM, or know all the best practices – I’m just a programmer trying to satisfy my desire for clean and elegant code 🙂
MVVM Pain Points
- ICommand – y u no implementation?
- Scattered Command code
- Verbose, repetitive, and redundant Property definitions
- Chained/Dependent/Calculated Properties
- ViewModel-based UI interaction
- ViewModel-based Navigation
- …More as I think of them…